was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in July 2008 and it is a very popular place for expatriates to stay here as second home. From the weather, the culture, the standard of living, the food, the beaches, the people, job opportunities, the languages, etc almost matched perfectly.
Penang has the world best class in
1. Manufacturing Facilities. Most MNC factories from the world like Intel, Motorola, Dell, Seagate etc are located on the Penang Island Free Trade Zone (FTZ) Bayan Lepa. Also visit InvestPenang
2. Best Food. Penang Food 'Asam Laksa" has been voted the world's 50 most delicious food by CNNgo
3. Best place to visit : Penang has been voted the world top 44 places must visit in 2009 by New York Times Reader
4. Best shoe maker : Jimmy Choo has make Penang proud for being the world best in shoe design
5. World Top 10 Greatest Mansions : Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion was named the world's greatest mansion and grand house by Fox News
6. World No 1 women squash player : Nicol David born in Penang. She is currently ranked world number 1 in women's squash, and is the first Asian woman to achieve this. She won the British Open title in 2005, 2006, 2008, and 2012, as well as the World Open title a record 6 times in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
7. World No 1 men badminton player : Lee Chong Wei born in Penang. He is ranked No 1 in the BWF world ranking men single player
8. World Top 10 Islands : Penang has been listed top 10 Islands to explore before you die by Yahoo Travel .
also check out Penang attractions (explore Penang)
1. Food of Haven
(also visit Food Channel - video)
2. Places of Interest
(also visit Travel Channel - video)
3. Penang Property (URL available soon)
4. Penang Medical (URL available soon)
5. Penang Accommodation/Hotels
6. Penang Cultural and Festival
7. Penang Heritage Buildings
8. Others (Political, religious, business, finance, internet, shopping, transport, entertainment, night life, etc)